The HD2 features a 50° field of view, which is the widest field of view for any micro-display goggle on the market. The only drawback to that image is that it's so big that it's difficult to get fully in focus; many pilots report seeing blurry edges at the edges of their HD2 screens.
The HD2, like HD3 and like all goggles before it, also uses an LCD chip as its core display technology. So while the image may be bigger, it's less crisp and colorful than the OLED display in the HDO.
For those that don't care about those drawbacks, the HD2, Terminator Edition (T2) may be for you.
Like the HD2, the T2 has an identical, 50° field of view LCD screen. But the T2 has also been updated for the modern pilot. That includes:
- An updated expansion bay for power-hungry modules like the Rapidfire
- An updated DVR interface (just like the HDO) for better image capture
- A USB-chargeable battery
The T2 also features special, limited edition branding.
How is This Different From The HDO?
The T2 has a wider field of view than the HDO but uses older imaging technology to create its image. In short, you'll see a slightly bigger image in the T2 that may be blurrier around the edges and that won't be as crisp and responsive as an image out of the HDO.
- FOV (field of view): 50 degrees diagonal
- Plastic optics (binocular 6p direct view optical engine)
- Interpupillary (IPD) distance: 57 to 73 mm (adjustable)
- Optional diopter lens inserts: -2, -4, -6 dpt
- Channel selection
- Volume control
- Mode selection (wired/wireless)
- Contrast/ brightness control
- DVR control
- HT control
- Power supply: 7–13V (2S/3S supply)
- Power consumption (@7.4V nominal):
- 360mA wireless mode
- 210mA direct mode (no RX)
RF Modules (optional):
- 43 channel support on 6 bands (1G3, 2G4, 4 x 5G8)
- Ergonomic molded headset with adjustable headband
- Foam padded Faceplate for secure fitment. Comfortable and no light bleed.
- Weight: 181g
- Full color Kopin CyberDisplay
- 800 X 600 SVGA
- NTCS/PAL auto selecting
- HDMI support
- Modular (sold separately)
- MicroSD support to 32Gb
- Record rate: 6Mbps
- MJPG compression, 30 fps, AVI
- File playback (no codec support other than native recording)
- Upgradeable via SD card
- 1800mah 7.4v USB Charging Battery Pack
- 3.5mm AV in/out port
- Power in port
- 3.5mm 3p earphone port
- MiniDIN4 data port (head tracking)
- RF module port
Optional Accessories (not included)
- Receiver module is not included, sold separately.
- Diopter lens inserts: -2, -4, -6 dpt
- Trinity 3 axis head tracker module
- 43 channel RF Module support over 6 bands (1.3, 2.4, 5.8 Ghz)
Warning: Exposing the lens to direct sunlight will result in LCD damage.